I have to admit, when I cook dinner and call to Josh, “DINNER’S READY,” I get totally deflated if he’s not there within a few minutes to enjoy it. Not that I’m cooking Food Network meals every night, or even cooking every night, but if anyone takes the time to make a meal – any meal – it’s only right that it be appreciated in its finest form, fresh and warm. Right? Otherwise it’s like a ribbon cutting with no attendees. Maybe it’s not that big of a deal, but I’m hooked on the idea of a dinner bell for our home to help signal the call to gather.
From the sound of it, you might think we live on a ranch and can’t hear each other hollering about supper. Nope. But we do live in a ranch house, so that’s close enough. I remember a cute little hand-held bell at our house growing up, but I’m leaning toward one of these wall-mounted ringers for some gravitas. Come and get it!!!
- Elegant Dinner Bell by U.S. Bells, $85
- Cast Iron White Rooster Dinner Bell by Guales Woodcrafts, $10.50
- Silver Dinner Bell by Red Sky Trader, $30.95
- Lab Dinner Bell by FurnitureforPatio.com, (Cute for my dog-loving friends!) $69.99
- Vintage Black and White Dinner Bell from Good Vintage, $24.50
- Tractor Cast Iron Dinner Bell by The Shabby Shak, $35.99